The purpose of this role is to define and manage risk, financial controls, and policies to protect the Company from fraud and mitigate risk to an acceptable level, to reduce the impact of these on the Company's reputation and operations. This role reports to the Audit committee functionally and the MD/CEO administratively.
- Develop a risk-based internal audit plan for the organization annually.
- Oversee the implementation of the approved plan, ensure proper resourcing for implementation of the plan, and adjust the plan as needed in response to changes in FHF's business risks, operations, programs, systems, and controls.
- Ensure the Senior Management Team are apprised of any changes needed in the internal audit plan.
- Ensure methodical documentation of work plans, testing results, conclusions and recommendations. Follow up on findings and corrective actions.
- Perform organizational-wide risk assessments to identify significant risks or exposure related to internal controls or compliance with FHF's policies and procedures, laws and regulations, sponsored contracts and efficiency of operations.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on business risks and improve operational efficiencies and processes where appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Remain current on audit and regulatory oversight trends and develop a risk-based approach incorporated into the annual audit plan.
- Evaluate audit management report for implementation and ensure the accuracy of programmatic and financial reporting.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of Audit Committee materials. Participate in quarterly or more frequent Audit Committee meetings.
- Investigate and report on activity reported through Hotline/Whistle-blower processes and assist in investigations.
- Recommend organization-wide training based on gaps identified to ensure adherence to FHFL's practices and policies
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related qualification.
- Candidate should be a Chartered member of ICAN or ACCA.
- Professional membership in ISACA, IIA and ACFE is an added advantage.
- 12 Years work experience in Audit function of which 5 Years should be on a managerial role.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Application closes 28th September 2023