The information contained in this Request for Proposals document (“RFP”) or subsequently provided to Applicants, whether verbally or in documentary or any other form by or on behalf of Family Homes Funds Limited (In Formation (“the Company”) , or any of its employees or advisers, is provided to Applicants on the terms and conditions set out in this RFP and such other terms and conditions subject to which such information is provided.
The (Company FHFL), its employees and advisers make no representation or warranty and shall have no liability to any person including any Applicant under any law, statute, rules or regulations or tort, principles of restitution or unjust enrichment or otherwise for any loss, damages, cost or expense which may arise from or be incurred or suffered on account of anything contained in this RFP or otherwise, including the accuracy, adequacy, correctness, reliability or completeness of the RFP and any assessment, assumption, statement or information contained therein or deemed to form part of this RFP or arising in any way in this Selection Process.
The (Company FHFL) also accept no liability of any nature whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, howsoever caused, arising from reliance of any Applicant upon the statements contained in this RFP.
The (Company FHFL) may in its absolute discretion, but without being under any obligation to do so, update, amend or supplement the information, assessment or assumption contained in this RFP.
The issue of this RFP does not imply that the (Company FHFL) is bound to select an Applicant or to appoint the Selected Applicant, as the case may be for the consultancy and the (Company FHFL) reserves the right to reject all or any of the proposals without assigning any reason whatsoever. The Applicants shall bear all costs associated with or relating to the preparation and submission of Proposals including but not limited to preparation, copying, postage, delivery fees, expenses associated with any demonstrations or presentations which may be required by the (Company FHFL) or any other costs incurred in connection with or relating to its Proposal.
All such costs and expenses will remain with the Applicant and the (Company FHFL) shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the same or for any other costs or other expenses incurred by an Applicant in preparation or submission of the Proposal, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the Selection Process.
The Family Homes Funds Limited (FHFL) is a social housing initiative promoted by the Federal Government of Nigeria as part of its Social Intervention Programme. The Company is a Limited Liability Company with initial shareholding by the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority. Over the next 4 years, the company aims to invest up to N1.3trn in promoting the development of 500,000 homes for people on low income. In the process, the Company also aims to create up to 1,500,000 jobs.
FHFL seeks to offer an all-round service to beneficiaries of its homes, including facility management service on the estates, post-development.
Hence, the HR and Admin Unit on behalf of FHFL, is seeking the services of qualified Facility Management Services providers for its housing project in Darmanawa, Kano State.
The bids should be submitted in accordance with the specifications, terms, and conditions shown in this Request for Proposals (RfP). This RfP is being released to identify an experienced Facility Manager to carry out the services as detailed in this document. Prospective respondents are advised to read this information carefully prior to submitting a proposal.
MUHAMMADU SANUSI II ROYAL ESTATES, DARMANAWA ROYAL CITY, KANO STATE
The estate comprises of 757 units of two-bedroom flats, three-bedroom flats and three bedroom fully detached bungalows with the following ancillary infrastructure:
- Electric poles
- Borehole facilities
- Overhead water storage tanks
- Road network
- Perimeter fencing
- Central Sewage System
SCOPE OF WORK
The company which is selected to perform the work will have to carry out the following functions:
- Control and management of environmental and safety issues relating to the Facility.
- Inspection and testing of fire safety equipment and systems and keeping of required records and certificates of compliance.
- Regular and routine inspection of the Facility; identification and rectification of defects in the Facility.
- Maintenance of electrical, mechanical and civil infrastructure
- Fire protection systems maintenance.
- Occupant relations and interface management this will include handling and addressing all complaints associated with the use of the Facility.
- Carrying preventive, remedial and/or upgrade works, repairs and/or replacements required for the upkeep and improvement of buildings and their components.
- Landscaping, vermin extermination and waste disposal.
- Domestic water plant operation and maintenance.
- General cleaning services waste management and disposal
- Put in place security monitoring systems
- Fumigation and drainage management
- Any other service as FHFL may specify whether in general or in reference to a specific part of the Facility.
- Constitution, training and management of a Tenants/Residents Association within three (3) years to take over and effectively manage the affairs of the estate.
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may include other specific responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE COMPANY AND PERSONNEL QUALIFICATION
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in the facility management business
- Reliable coverage services
- Sound experience in similar projects
- Ability to provide 24-hours service
- Real time administrative support systems
- Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations, whilst maintaining high quality standards of service delivery
PROPOSAL GUIDELINES AND FORMAT
Prospective Consultants are required to submit their proposals in the following format:
- Approach and Strategy: Kindly provide a brief statement on the following.
- An understanding of the role as detailed in this RfP;
- Detailed workplan for execution of the tasks. Workplan shall include indicative dates of completion.
- A statement on your present capabilities as well as your plans in this regard.
- Information on your association with any other organization in the same business line in Nigeria.
- Would you envisage that any portion of this contract would be sub-contracted? What portion and why? Kindly let us know.
B. Corporate Profile: This should include the following information:
- Corporate profile document of the firm.
- Similar experience in past projects and their coverage area.
Consultant shall demonstrate ability to render the required services by providing evidence of similar projects successfully executed, including references and recommendation letters:
- A listing of your top 3 clients in the last 3 years
- A statement of relevant experiences to the type of contractual arrangement the Fund is seeking.
- Transition Plan
The proposal shall include bidder’s plan for the orderly assumption of responsibility for execution of the proposed facility services for the property.
This plan should address:
- Transition tasks to be pre-formed.
- Transition responsibilities (both bidder’s and the site)
- Timeline for all transition activities
- In addition, the plan should respond to the following:
- Please describe how your firm intends to handle the transition, including details on timing, work steps, staffing issues, and critical path.
- Provide a detailed transition plan, approach, work steps, staffing, timing, inventory analysis, understanding of condition, and understanding of service requirements for the mechanical & electrical systems.
- Execution Plan
The proposal must include a detailed description of your firm’s plan to execute the services that are the subject of this RFP. This execution plan should explain how your firm intends to execute the particular services. The plan should identify those services that will be performed by an on-site staff that your firm would employ and those that would be performed by subcontractors to your firm, if any. Your firms intended on-site staff shall be fully detailed in a staffing plan or organization chart and supported with management resumes that follow the requirements listed in job descriptions.
The staffing plan shall identify all positions and number of personnel and shall include the following:
- Number of titles or functional descriptions of each position.
- An internal organization chart indicating the individuals and reporting structure your firm proposes to implement this assignment.
- Provide a complete description of the proposed organization that will be on-site and off-site in support of this service. Include all job titles, job descriptions and how they will interface with each other.
- Financials/Consultancy Fees
A schedule of proposed fees with indicative payment terms.
The following guidelines are provided for standardizing the preparation and submission of proposals. The intent is to assist respondents in the preparation of their submission and to assist FHFL by simplifying the review process providing standards for comparison of submissions. Statements submitted in response to this RfP shall include a complete response to the requirements in this section in the order presented.
Proposals shall be printed double-sided, submitted on standard A4 paper, with easy to read font size and style. Pages shall be numbered and bound (spiral/ three-ring binder). Tabbed dividers should separate and identify the response items described below.
Respondents must submit one signed original, two copies, and one electronic (USB flash drive preferred) copy of the proposals Family Homes Limited. Submission is due 10th March 2020, 12:00pm.
Proposals shall contain the following information in the order listed:
- Introductory Letter
The introductory letter should be addressed to:
The Managing Director.
Family Homes Funds Limited,
3rd Floor Sinoki House, Ademulegun Street, CBD- Abuja.
Attention – Head, HR and Admin
The letter should include contact name, mailing address and telephone number of the Consultant. The cover letter shall include a statement acknowledging the conditions stated in the RfP, referencing any exceptions contained in the response, and be signed by the Consultant.
- The Proposal
The proposal shall include:
- Company Profile
- Approach and strategy
- Experience in past projects
- Financial (Consultancy Fee)
- Conflict of Interest Statement
Submit a statement regarding any activities or relationships of the responder that might create a conflict of interest for the responder or FHFL, and, if such activities or relationships exist, a description of the facts, legal implications, and possible effects sufficient to permit FHFL to appreciate the significance of the conflict and react as appropriate.
Note any exceptions to the RfP requirements in their entirety.
- Supportive Information
This section may include graphs, charts photos, maps, references, etc., in support of the respondent’s qualifications and competence.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Project Selection Process
In order to be considered, a proposal consistent with the terms of this RfP must be submitted. The responses to thisRfP shall be reviewed by a nominated committee for completeness and evaluated against the stated criteria. The committee will then select and recommend the most competent Consultant to oversee the various construction projects around the states.
The selected Consultant will be invited to a kick-off meeting with the main objective of reviewing the work plan and expectations.
- Evaluation of Proposals
Applications will be evaluated, and the facility manager selected based on the following criteria:
Each bidder shall submit a technical proposal addressing the services required how they will meet the Centre’s requirements. The technical proposal will account for 70% of the total combined score. The proposal will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Company & personnel qualifications
- Benefit coverage
- Quality of service
- Technical Proposal (70%)
- Financial Proposal (30%)
FHF being a Social Investment vehicle engages in the development of affordable homes at low cost. Our targeted beneficiaries include low income earners thereby necessitating the need to also ensure that facility management costs which are to be borne by the beneficiaries are affordable and within the affordability of this low-income target group. The ability to submit a competitive quote while ensuring the highest form of service delivery remains a key consideration for the Fund.
- Late Proposals
Proposals arriving after the specified date and time will not be considered, nor will late proposals be opened. Eachrespondent assumes responsibility for timely submission of its proposal.
- Withdrawal or Modifications of Proposals
Any proposal may be withdrawn or modified by a written request signed by the respondents and received by FHFL prior to the final time and date for the receipt of proposals. Once the deadline is past, respondents are obligated to fulfill the terms of their proposal.
- Proposal Acceptance and Rejection
FHFL reserves the right to accept any proposal, to reject any and all proposals, and to call for new proposals, or dispense with the proposal process.
- Proposal Evaluation and Award
Evaluation will be made on the basis of the weighted scoring as noted in Evaluation and Selection Criteria section. A committee will be set to evaluate proposals submitted to FHFL.
Facility Management firms that were not selected shall be notified in writing.
- Request for Information
- Respond completely, accurately and succinctly to each of the items below:
- Provide the legal name of the entity submitting the proposal.
- Identify the number of years that the entity has been in existence and the number of years that the entity has been providing facility services.
- Provide the addresses of the headquarters location of the entity and of the location, if different, that would be responsible for the day-to-day performance of the services.
- Identify the form of your business of the entity (corporation, partnership, limited liability company etc.) If a corporation, identify the state of incorporation and whether the corporation is public or private
- Provide a summary of clients and properties for which you or your team are currently providing services. Indicate the number of years for which your firm has provided such services to these clients/properties.
- Of those identified in the response to the above item, provide a list of (2) references for a similar assignment. Include the name of the client, the contact person for that client site, the contact’s titles, phone number and address. Of those two identify one (1) that the site could visit to obtain insight from the client’s point of view as to the capabilities of your firm.
- Describe your firm’s approach to the assignment.
- Detail any of your firm’s special or unique capabilities, technology or operating procedures that would be of direct benefit to the site.
- List any affiliates or joint venture partners your firm intends to utilize in the performance of this assignment. Describe the nature of that utilization and how your firm will coordinate and interact with that affiliate or joint venture partner
- Provide a listing of individual and/or company accreditations, certifications and memberships pertinent to this assignment.
- Describe the quality assurance program that your firm would utilize on this assignment. Include copies of any certifications associated with the Quality program. Please identify the administrator of the program and how long it has been in effect. Discuss your process for monitoring level of service, complaint resolution and customer (occupant) satisfaction and measures to address any shortcomings. Explain and show examples of how you qualify suppliers and staff.
- Discuss your processes and policies regarding utilization of personnel on an overtime basis. Explain how your firm provides cover for personnel on vacation, leave of absence, or illness.
- Each bidder may have their own proposal version, but the technical proposal must be submitted as a separate document from the financial proposal. Please refer to attached Schedule of Services for guidance.
- Only proposals that fully address the mandatory services listed in the bidding requirement will be evaluated.
- Due date of submission: 10/03/2020 by 3noon. Proposals submitted after the stated date and time will not be accepted.
- Short-listed bidders may be invited to make presentations to the evaluation team.
- Bidders that require visits to the site prior to submission should send an email to request for directions and contact information.
- The Schedule of services and site layout are available on request.
* Nothing herein shall obligate FHFL to award a contract to any responding application.