Reference Number: RFP/HRADM/0016
The information contained in this Request for Proposals document (“RFP”) or subsequently provided to Applicants, whether verbally or in documentary or any other form by or on behalf of Family Homes Funds Limited (In Formation (“the Company”) , or any of its employees or advisers, is provided to Applicants on the terms and conditions set out in this RFP and such other terms and conditions subject to which such information is provided.
The (Company FHFL), its employees and advisers make no representation or warranty and shall have no liability to any person including any Applicant under any law, statute, rules or regulations or tort, principles of restitution or unjust enrichment or otherwise for any loss, damages, cost or expense which may arise from or be incurred or suffered on account of anything contained in this RFP or otherwise, including the accuracy, adequacy, correctness, reliability or completeness of the RFP and any assessment, assumption, statement or information contained therein or deemed to form part of this RFP or arising in any way in this Selection Process.
The (Company FHFL) also accept no liability of any nature whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, howsoever caused, arising from reliance of any Applicant upon the statements contained in this RFP.
The (Company FHFL) may in its absolute discretion, but without being under any obligation to do so, update, amend or supplement the information, assessment or assumption contained in this RFP.
The issue of this RFP does not imply that the (Company FHFL) is bound to select an Applicant or to appoint the Selected Applicant, as the case may be for the consultancy and the (Company FHFL) reserves the right to reject all or any of the proposals without assigning any reason whatsoever. The Applicants shall bear all costs associated with or relating to the preparation and submission of Proposals including but not limited to preparation, copying, postage, delivery fees, expenses associated with any demonstrations or presentations which may be required by the (Company FHFL) or any other costs incurred in connection with or relating to its Proposal.
All such costs and expenses will remain with the Applicant and the (Company FHFL) shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the same or for any other costs or other expenses incurred by an Applicant in preparation or submission of the Proposal, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the Selection Process.
The Family Homes Funds Limited (FHFL) is a social housing initiative promoted by the Federal Government of Nigeria as part of its Social Intervention Programme. The Company is a Limited Liability Company with initial shareholding by the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority. Over the next 4 years, the company aims to invest up to N1.3trn in promoting the development of 500,000 homes for low income earners. In the process, the Company also aims to create up to 1,500,000 jobs at various skills level while encouraging onsite local manufacturing to boost these figures and lower cost.
In pursuant of its mandate, the Family Homes Funds recognizes that an efficient supply chain is critical in lowering the cost for affordable housing construction for the target market Therefore, it seeks the service of a Supply Chain Consultant/Firm to assist in the strategy and planning of this process by designing, developing and establishing a sound and effective supply chain system towards the realization of its objectives.
The bids should be submitted in accordance with the specifications, terms, and conditions shown in this Request For Proposals (RFP). This RFP is being released to identify an experienced Supply Chain Consultant/Firm to carry out the services as detailed in this document. Prospective respondents are advised to read this information carefully prior to submitting a proposal.
The objectives of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to seek a qualified Supply Chain Consultant/Firm that is knowledgeable in designing, developing and establishing an effective supply chain system (Strategy & Planning) particularly within the housing sector that can fulfill the goal of FHFL in achieving:
- Reduction in the cost of affordable housing construction.
- Promote the need for local Manufacturing.
- Create job opportunities.
In addition to the normal expectations of operational management which will be agreed and defined as the project progresses, the Supply Chain Consultant shall deliver the following:
- Design a Supply Chain framework that is tailored to FHFL’s objectives.
- Determine the best Supply Chain approach for an efficient and effective means of achieving the targets.
- Develop an operational plan for the execution of the Supply Chain strategy.
- Initiate the implementation process and provide a structure for FHFL to ensure its sustainability.
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
The contract shall be for a period of Three (3) months.
COMPANY AND PERSONNEL REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive experience in conducting and execution of supply chain strategy within the construction or housing sector.
- Ability to plan, control and oversee supply chain processes from start to finish with evidence.
- Evidence of risk management within the supply chains.
- Experience of a minimum of 5+ years in supply chain planning/operations with recognised Professional certification or ISO.
- Good analytical skill is critical for grasping the core issues and reporting.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build relationships across multiple layers in the organization.
- Ability to respond immediately to situations, whilst maintaining high quality standards of service delivery.
PROPOSAL GUIDELINES AND FORMAT
Prospective Consultants are required to submit their proposals in the following format:
- Approach and Strategy (25%): Kindly provide a brief statement on the following.
- An understanding of the required services as detailed in this RFP (5%).
- Your competitive advantage and how your methodology align with FHFL vision of work (10%).
- A statement on your present capabilities, quality assurance and risk mitigation measures in carrying out the assignment (5%).
- Strategy in ensuring cost reduction, continuous improvement and operational support plan to manage the type of contractual arrangement the Fund is seeking (5%).
B. Corporate Profile and Documentation (15%): This should include the following information:
- Corporate profile document of the firm including Certificate of Incorporation, Registration and certificates (2.5%).
- Key personnel- Names, disciplines, experience level and CV (5%).
- Organizational structure (2.5%).
- Evidence of Tax Clearance and three (3) years audited report (2.5%).
- Similar experience in past projects (20%): Consultant shall demonstrate ability to render the required services by providing:
- Evidence of similar projects successfully executed, including references and recommendation or Award letters (10%)
- Project expertise in design, planning and performance analysis of supply chain (10%).
- Execution Plan (10%)
- Detailed workplan for execution of the tasks. Workplan shall include indicative dates of completion and implementation activities (10%).
The proposal shall include the bidder’s plan for the orderly assumption of responsibility for execution of sourcing building material and delivery to respective sites through cost effective initiatives.
- Financials/Consultancy Fees (30%)
A schedule of proposed fees with indicative payment terms.
The following guidelines are provided for standardizing the preparation and submission of proposals. The intent is to assist respondents in the preparation of their submission and to assist FHFL by simplifying the review process providing standards for comparison of submissions. Statements submitted in response to this RFP shall include a complete response to the requirements in this section in the order presented.
Proposals shall be printed double-sided, submitted on standard A4 paper, with easy to read font size and style. Pages shall be numbered and bound (spiral/ three-ring binder). Tabbed dividers should separate and identify the response items described below.
Respondents must submit one signed original, two copies, and one electronic (USB flash drive preferred) copy of the proposals Family Homes Limited. Submission is due 20th May 2020, 12:00pm.
Proposals shall contain the following information in the order listed:
- Introductory Letter
The introductory letter should be addressed to:
The Managing Director.
Family Homes Funds Limited,
3rd Floor Sinoki House, Ademulegun Street, CBD- Abuja.
Attention – Head , Human Resources and Admin.
The letter should include contact name, mailing address and telephone number of the Consultant. The cover letter shall include a statement acknowledging the conditions stated in the RFP, referencing any exceptions contained in the response, and be signed by the Consultant.
- The Proposal
The proposal shall include:
- Approach and Strategy
- Corporate Profile
- Experience in past projects
- Execution Plan
- Financial (Consultancy Fee).
- Conflict of Interest Statement
Submit a statement regarding any activities or relationships of the responder that might create a conflict of interest for the responder or FHFL, and, if such activities or relationships exist, a description of the facts, legal implications, and possible effects sufficient to permit FHFL to appreciate the significance of the conflict and react as appropriate.
Note any exceptions to the RFP requirements in their entirety.
- Supportive Information
This section may include graphs, charts photos, maps, references, etc., in support of the respondent’s qualifications and competence.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Project Selection Process
In order to be considered, a proposal consistent with the terms of this RFP must be submitted. The responses to this RFP shall be reviewed by a nominated committee for completeness and evaluated against the stated criteria. The committee will then select and recommend the most competent Consultant to oversee the various construction projects around the states.
The selected Consultant will be invited to a kick-off meeting with the main objective of reviewing the work plan and expectations.
- Evaluation of Proposals
Applications will be evaluated, and the Supply Chain Consultant selected based on the following criteria:
- Technical Proposal (70%)
- Financial Proposal (30%)
Note: Only bidders that obtain 50 points and above from the technical evaluation will be considered for the stage of financial evaluation. All prices quoted must indicate if Tax has been included or not.
FHF being a Social Investment vehicle engages in the development of affordable homes at low cost. Our targeted beneficiaries include low income earners thereby necessitating the need to also ensure that development costs through bulk procurement are low and within the affordability of this low-income target group. The ability to submit a competitive quote while ensuring the highest form of service delivery remains a key consideration for the Fund.
- Late Proposals
Proposals arriving after the specified date and time will not be considered, nor will late proposals be opened. Each respondent assumes responsibility for timely submission of its proposal.
- Withdrawal or Modifications of Proposals
Any proposal may be withdrawn or modified by a written request signed by the respondents and received by FHFL prior to the final time and date for the receipt of proposals. Once the deadline is past, respondents are obligated to fulfill the terms of their proposal.
- Proposal Acceptance and Rejection
FHFL reserves the right to accept any proposal, to reject any and all proposals, and to call for new proposals, or dispense with the proposal process.
- Proposal Evaluation and Award
Evaluation will be made on the basis of the weighted scoring as noted in Evaluation and Selection Criteria section. The set committee shall evaluate proposals submitted by Supply Chain management firms and Individuals.
- Request for Information
- Respond completely, accurately and succinctly to each of the items below:
- Provide the legal name of the entity submitting the proposal
- Identify the number of years that the entity has been in existence and the number of years that the entity has been providing such services
- Provide the addresses of the headquarters location of the entity and of the location, if different, that would be responsible for the day-to-day performance of the services.
- Identify the form of your business of the entity (corporation, partnership, limited liability company etc…) If a corporation, identify the state of incorporation and whether the corporation is public or private
- Provide a summary of clients and properties for which you or your team are currently providing services. Indicate the number of years for which your firm has provided such services to these clients/properties.
- Of those identified in the response to the above item, provide a list of (2) references for a similar assignment. Include the name of the client, the contact person for that client site, the contact’s titles, phone number and address. Of those two identify one (1) that the site could visit to obtain insight from the client’s point of view as to the capabilities of your firm.
- Describe your firm’s approach to the assignment.
- Detail any of your firm’s special or unique capabilities, technology or operating procedures that would be of direct benefit to FHFL.
- List any affiliates or joint venture partners your firm intends to utilize in the performance of this assignment. Describe the nature of that utilization and how your firm will coordinate and interact with that affiliate or joint venture partner
- Provide a listing of individual and/or company accreditations, certifications and memberships pertinent to this assignment.
- Describe the quality assurance program that your firm would utilize on this assignment. Include copies of any certifications associated with the Quality program.
- Each bidder may have their own proposal version, but the technical proposal must be submitted as a separate document from the financial proposal. Please refer to attached Schedule of Services for guidance.
- Only proposals that fully address the mandatory services listed in the bidding requirement will be evaluated.
- Due date of submission: 20/05/2020 by 12noon. Proposals submitted after the stated date and time will not be accepted.
- Short-listed bidders may be invited to make presentations to the evaluation team.
* Nothing herein shall obligate FHFL to award a contract to any responding application