Reference Number: (RFP/HRADM/0015)
The information contained in this Request for Proposals document (“RFP”) or subsequently provided to Applicants, whether verbally or in documentary or any other form by or on behalf of Family Homes Funds Limited (In Formation (“the Company”) , or any of its employees or advisers, is provided to Applicants on the terms and conditions set out in this RFP and such other terms and conditions subject to which such information is provided.
The (Company FHFL), its employees and advisers make no representation or warranty and shall have no liability to any person including any Applicant under any law, statute, rules or regulations or tort, principles of restitution or unjust enrichment or otherwise for any loss, damages, cost or expense which may arise from or be incurred or suffered on account of anything contained in this RFP or otherwise, including the accuracy, adequacy, correctness, reliability or completeness of the RFP and any assessment, assumption, statement or information contained therein or deemed to form part of this RFP or arising in any way in this Selection Process.
The (Company FHFL) also accept no liability of any nature whether resulting from negligence or otherwise, howsoever caused, arising from reliance of any Applicant upon the statements contained in this RFP.
The (Company FHFL) may in its absolute discretion, but without being under any obligation to do so, update, amend or supplement the information, assessment or assumption contained in this RFP.
The issue of this RFP does not imply that the (Company FHFL) is bound to select an Applicant or to appoint the Selected Applicant, as the case may be for the consultancy and the (Company FHFL) reserves the right to reject all or any of the proposals without assigning any reason whatsoever. The Applicants shall bear all costs associated with or relating to the preparation and submission of Proposals including but not limited to preparation, copying, postage, delivery fees, expenses associated with any demonstrations or presentations which may be required by the (Company FHFL) or any other costs incurred in connection with or relating to its Proposal.
All such costs and expenses will remain with the Applicant and the (Company FHFL) shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the same or for any other costs or other expenses incurred by an Applicant in preparation or submission of the Proposal, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the Selection Process.
The Family Homes Funds Ltd is a Social Housing Finance Company jointly owned by the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigeria Sovereign Investments Agency. The Company aims to improve access to affordable by Nigerians on low income through financial support for public and private sector developers promoting low cost housing projects. The company was established in 2017 but became effectively operational in February 2019.
The Company’s two core objectives up to 2024 is to facilitate the development of at least 250,000 homes and leverage our investment in those homes to create up to 100,0000 new jobs.
A well-motivated and talented team is critical to our success. It is in that regard that the Company wishes to carry out a review and redesign of its salary and compensation structure.
At inception in 2018, the Company hired consultants who developed an initial staff grading and salary structure. However, subsequent development of the Company’s operations and better understanding of our needs now necessitate a wholesale review and redesign of the salary and compensation structure.
Therefore, the Board of Directors wishes to identify a consultancy who can work with FHFL to revise and redesign the existing pay scales and staff benefit entitlements. It plans to implement the revised pay scales and staff benefit entitlements in June 2020.
The specific objectives of the consultancy are:
- To undertake a comprehensive review and evaluation of all FHFL’s existing and proposed job positions, job grading and salary structure, taking into account the basic concept of equal pay for equal value of work while at the same time at par with the acceptable industry standard;
- To redesign and recommend an appropriate job grading structure and pay scales which respond to FHFL’s business objectives vis-à-vis the benchmarking study with comparable organizations.
- To review existing staff, benefit and entitlements such as health care, education allowance, per diem, housing allowance and recommend any adjustments as necessary, taking account of benchmarking study with comparable organizations.
- To recommend and advice on transition arrangements from current employment.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultancy is expected to work with the Board’s Recruitment Committee and Management to achieve the following tasks:
- Review any existing FHFL documentation that guides remuneration including staff policy, approved organogram, job descriptions, 2018 salary survey, existing job grading and salary structure.
- Interview and discuss with employees to understand the nature of jobs they are performing.
- Conduct a survey, targeting five to seven comparator organizations to confirm the salaries, allowances and entitlements/benefits offered. These organizations must be approved by the Board’s Recruitment Committee.
- As much as possible, match existing FHFL’s components with those of comparator organizations to facilitate an accurate determination of salary levels for various positions and job groups.
- Present a consolidated report with recommended pay scales and benefit entitlements from the findings of the survey.
- Correlate salary and benefits information to matched positions; indicate also total cost of employment for each position.
- Develop comprehensive reports, briefing, executive summary and presentation that provide justifications and rationales behind the thinking, analysis, and recommended solutions.
The key deliverables of the consultancy will be the following:
- Executive summary outlining the key findings from the review, proposed redesign of job grades and recommended pay scales and revised staff benefit entitlement.
- Full Report including:
- Analysis report on existing job grades, salary structures, and staff benefit entitlement
- Methodology and approach used in job evaluation and group jobs into families
- Key findings from comparator organizations
- Recommended Job Grading and Pay Scale Structure
- Recommended adjustment/change to existing staff benefit entitlement
- Recommendations for transitional arrangements.
CONTRACT PERIOD AND TIMEFRAME
The entire assignment is scheduled to be completed in 1 month, starting from date of agreements to engage.
The timeframe for this exercise is tight. Any consulting firms that cannot guarantee to honour this timeframe may not submit a proposal.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE COMPANY AND PERSONNEL QUALIFICATION
1. Provable track record of conducting salary surveys, job evaluation, and developing salary scale for different organizations in different industries. Previous experience in the Financial Services/Real Estate Sector will be an advantage.
2. Solid knowledge and experience in effective human resources management, including application of best practices in development of a clear Salary and Compensation Strategy.
3. Commitment to dedicate a strong team to the consultancy including at least one Partner or Senior Manager level staff.
30% Upon signing the contract
30% Upon presentation of a draft report
40% Upon submission of Final Report as set out above.
PROPOSAL GUIDELINES AND FORMAT
Prospective Consultants are required to submit their proposals to include the following information:
- Approach and detailed methodology
- Expertise and experience in undertaking salary benchmarking analysis and development of salary and benefits strategy
- Details of reference from client’s organization
- CV’s of consulting team members (Lead Consultants)
- Confirmation of required timeline and key milestone dates
- Financials/Consultancy Fees. This should contain detailed breakdown of the
EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Consultant Selection Process
In order to be considered, a proposal consistent with the terms of this RfP must be submitted. The responses to this RfP shall be reviewed by a nominated committee for completeness and evaluated against the stated criteria. The committee will then select and recommend the most competent Consulting firm to oversee the execution and delivery of the consultancy services.
The selected Consultant will be invited to a kick-off meeting with the main objective of reviewing the work plan and expectations.
- Evaluation of Proposals
Applications will be evaluated, and the Consultant selected based on the following criteria:
- Technical Proposal (70%):
The technical proposal will account for 70% of the total combined score. The proposal will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Nature firm/s business & personnel qualifications
- Methodology and Approach
- Quality of service delivered
- Cost/Financial demand
- Financial Proposal (30%)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested parties should submit an expression of interest and detailed proposals to the information specified below by email and in hard copies:
Head of HR and Admin
Family Homes Funds
3rd Floor, Sinoki Building
Off Samuel Ademulegun Avenue
Central Business District, Abuja.
The following guidelines are provided for standardizing the preparation and submission of proposals. The intent is to assist respondents in the preparation of their submission and to assist FHFL by simplifying the review process providing standards for comparison of submissions. Statements submitted in response to this RfP shall include a complete response to the requirements in this section in the order presented.
Proposals shall be printed double-sided, submitted on standard A4 paper, with easy to read font size and style. Pages shall be numbered and bound (spiral/ three-ring binder). Tabbed dividers should separate and identify the response items described below.
Respondents must submit one signed original, two copies, and one electronic (USB flash drive preferred) copy of the proposals Family Homes Funds Limited. Submission is due 22nd May 2020, 12:00pm.
Proposals shall contain the following information in the order listed:
- Introductory Letter
The letter should include contact name, mailing address and telephone number of the Consultant. The cover letter shall include a statement acknowledging the conditions stated in the RfP, referencing any exceptions contained in the response, and be signed by the Consultant.
- The Proposal
The proposal shall include the information detailed above in Proposal Guidelines and Format.
- Conflict of Interest Statement
Submit a statement regarding any activities or relationships of the responder that might create a conflict of interest for the responder or FHFL, and, if such activities or relationships exist, a description of the facts, legal implications, and possible effects sufficient to permit FHFL to appreciate the significance of the conflict and react as appropriate.
Note any exceptions to the RfP requirements will not be considered in their entirety.
- Late Proposals
Proposals arriving after the specified date and time will not be considered, nor will late proposals be opened. Each respondent assumes responsibility for timely submission of its proposal.
- Withdrawal or Modifications of Proposals
Any proposal may be withdrawn or modified by a written request signed by the respondents and received by FHFL prior to the final time and date for the receipt of proposals. Once the deadline is past, respondents are obligated to fulfill the terms of their proposal.
- Proposal Acceptance and Rejection
FHFL reserves the right to accept any proposal, to reject any and all proposals, and to call for new proposals, or dispense with the proposal process.
- Proposal Evaluation and Award
Evaluation will be made on the basis of the weighted scoring as noted in Evaluation and Selection Criteria section mentioned above.
- Request for Information
- Respond completely, accurately and succinctly to each of the items below:
- Provide the legal name of the entity submitting the proposal.
- Provide the addresses of the headquarters location of the entity and of the location, if different, that would be responsible for the day-to-day performance of the services.
- Identify the form of your business of the entity (corporation, partnership, limited liability company etc…) If a corporation, identify the state of incorporation and whether the corporation is public or private
- Provide a summary of clients for which you or your team are currently providing services. Indicate the number of years for which your firm has provided such services to these clients.
- Of those identified in the response to the above item, provide a list of (2) references for a similar assignment. Include the name of the client, the contact person for that client, the contact’s titles, phone number and address.
- Describe your firm’s approach to the assignment.
- Detail any of your firm’s special or unique capabilities, technology or operating procedures that would be of direct benefit to the assignment.
- List any affiliates or joint venture partners (If any) your firm intends to utilize in the performance of this assignment. Describe the nature of that utilization and how your firm will coordinate and interact with that affiliate or joint venture partner
- Provide a list of individual and/or company accreditations, certifications and memberships pertinent to this assignment.
- Each bidder may have their own proposal version, but the technical proposal must be submitted as a separate document from the financial proposal.
- Only proposals that fully address the mandatory services listed in the bidding requirement will be evaluated.
- Due date of submission: 22/05/2020 by 12noon. Proposals submitted after the stated date and time will not be accepted.
- Short-listed bidders may be invited to make presentations to the evaluation team where necessary.
* Nothing herein shall obligate FHFL to award a contract to any responding application.