Family Homes Funds Ltd. (FHFL) is a limited liability company with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigerian
Sovereign Investment Authority as founding shareholders. FHFL will be the largest affordable housing focused fund
manager in Sub- Sahara Africa, deploying capital more than N1 trillion towards two core objectives:
- Supporting access to affordable housing for at least 500,000 families on low to medium income through strategic partnerships with various players in the sector and some of the world’s main Development Finance Institutions.
- Take advantage of the opportunity of a large- scale house building programme to create 1.5million jobs to Nigerians to provide families security and improved quality of life.
To deliver on its goals, FHFL is recruiting competent and experienced individuals to fill various role as summarized
below with their responsibilities and requirements:
|Legal Officer (0009)
The Legal Officer will be responsible for supporting the Company Secretary/Head of Legal Unit in managing the legal affairs of the Company. The selected candidate will support the advising and/or monitoring of all legal matters, contracts, etc.
· Monitor legal risk in real estate documentation and advise accordingly.
· Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for real estate transactions.
· Draft and negotiate property/real estate transactions.
· Draft routine leases and Assignments
· Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before transactions are executed
· Manage regulatory and compliance-related services.
· Manage litigation portfolio of the company
· Draft a wide variety of legal agreements.
· Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
· Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
· Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
· Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
· Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
· Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
· Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
· Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
· Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
· Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the Company Secretary / Legal Adviser.
· Assist the Company Secretary in its responsibility to the Board
· Bachelor’s degree in Law- LLB
· Working knowledge of real estate law, litigation, lease transactions, property management, and purchase and sale transactions.
· Working Knowledge of perfection of property titles
· Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills
· Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail
· Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks to meet critical deadlines
· Capable networker with excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
· 1-3years post-call experience
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Tact and Diplomacy
· Critical Thinking and Analysis
· Tenacity and Ethics
|MODE OF APPLICATION||Send an application letter summarizing your profile and suitability for the role and your CV saved as a PDF file and titled with the Applicant’s name to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be the job title and code you are applying for. E.g “Legal Officer 0009|
|CLOSING DATE||24th May 2021. Late applications will not be considered.|